Thursday, November 23, 2006

Don't Go In the Woods Alone (1982)


Not the gorefest I was expecting to see after all these years. "Gore" is more than just some fake blood, it has to involve chunks of flesh, organs, and guts. This movie only had the fake blood and the kills weren't as inventive, just standard stabs...and there still wasn't enough of that in this movie that felt like an eternity. Pretty average slasher in my book. Some cool blood splashing moments but the abundance of needless suspense padding the movie to oblivion, stretching the movie's length more than it needed to be, really killed the whole thing for me. There really isn't a story or anything to focus on, just random people sometimes getting killed or chased by a guy that looks like a freak from The Hills Have Eyes. The inept filmmaking is mildly funny at times in a Night of the Demon (the one with Bigfoot) way, but you can tell some scenes were intentionally funny, which ruins its so-bad-it's-funny classification for me. Maybe I need to watch this again when I have a better day, but I'm dissapointed it wasn't as fun and gory as I thought it would be. The music is what I couldn't stand the most. It was abused in almost every scene and was used as false alarm suspense most of the time, like the boy that cried wolf, only more monotonous sounding. A movie that builds this much suspense needs to deliver something to be suspensful about or else I just feel let down when the false alarms are so constant.

No comments: